10 Craziest Ways To Lose Weight Without Exercise
10. Wanna burn off those calories by just shutting your eyes? David Lloyd gyms has introduced something very special… sleeping your weight off. Sleeping actually does burn calories, so the gyms have single beds for those who want to sleep them off during 45-minute afternoon naps. Now that one sounds perfect for me.
9. And after that nice, calorie-burning nap, you can take a relaxing bath with Aoqili Seaweed Soap. This soap is believed to have extracts that react with the fat deposits directly beneath the skin and reduce or eliminate them. In a Chinese study, three fourths of the participants had significant weight losses by using the soap. So much for my Irish Spring.
8. E-Fit has come up with an electric suit that works off the excess weight. It was first developed for athletes but has gained a reputation for quick-fix weight loss and improved muscle tone. It is said to give an hour’s workout in only 20 minutes, as it gives little jolts of electric shock throughout a workout session. Hey, sometimes you’ve gotta sacrifice.
7. Sometimes, we just need to remind ourselves of what we can and can’t do. In France, many women will tie a ribbon around their waistline under their clothes when they go out for dinner. If it gets too tight while eating, it’s time to ask for the check and get outta there.
6. Former actor Miki Ryouske lost 28 pounds using his Long Breath Diet. The 55-year-old said this is done by spending two minutes a day taking very long breaths then exhailing aggressively. He said he came upon this method accidentally while working on breathing techniques to reduce his back pain. Careful how aggressively you exhail, or you might wind up with some back pain.
5. Johannes Bohannon set up a scientific study proving that eating chocolate would create weight loss. He then sent in his study to a journal and the media went wild over it. Thing is, Bohannon is a journalist who sets out often to prove science journals are a bunch of hooey. He sent the study to a journal known for printing junk science articles and sure enough, it was printed. And the media ate it up… unlike this great big Hershey’s bar that I now have to put down.
4. If you just can’t look at yourself in the mirror, try this one. Hang a mirror opposite your seat at the table. Apparently by doing so, many people reduce their food intake by about a third. When you look yourself in the eye while eating, it reminds you of your own inner standards and goals, and why you’re trying to lose weight in the first place.
3. In Hong Kong, women are lining up at the beach to stare into the sun to lose weight. Hmmmm…. Yes, apparently kicking off your shoes and staring into the sun with sunglasses for about 40 minutes a day in the morning reduces one’s longing to eat. I think it’s because your now blind and couldn’t see food if it was right in front of you.
2. Ever notice how your food seems to shrink after you put it in Saran wrap. Now, women are putting themselves in that same material to slim down. First, an oil-based solution is applied to the skin, then the women are wrapped from neck to toe and lie down for an hour. One woman claimed to have lost 14 pounds after three treatments. Not bad for looking like a refrigerated sandwich for awhile.
1. Now I know a lot of your are gonna wanna jump right on this last one. Alex Bogatyriova of London lets her “babies” handle her weight loss. Her babies are actually a bunch of leeches that she cares for. She puts them all over her body and they suck out the fatty deposits and toxins in her system. She puts them on scars to help rid those marks and on her toes to improve blood flow to her feet. She claims to have lost 126 pounds, going from a size 28 to a size 14. She also puts them in her mouth to clean her gums and make her teeth healthy. She also claims her little babies have helped improve her sex life. I’m beginning to think she belongs on a different kind of Top 10 list.