7 Things A Mother Learnt While Picking And Dropping Her Daughter From School.
Story by Kelcey
7 Things I’ve learned from my first week in the car line at school…
1) The front of the drop off line is reserved for special people and I don’t have what it takes to be one of them
2) If you hit a curb once (…maybe twice…) your Kindergartener will mock you eternally and question all of your driving-related decisions.
3) If your child is greeted by name, it’s probably not because she’s made such a memorable impact during the first week of school, and more likely that they read her name on your car tag
4) Even when I am 25 minutes *early* I’m still in the back 20% of the pick-up line…might as well stop for coffee.
5) Being picked up first is now an appropriate (and appreciated!) birthday present suggestion
6) All of the “embarrassing” and repetitive questions my parents used to ask me…I get it now. It’s fun
7) I absolutely adore the little peeks of my daughter interacting with her classmates and teacher when she doesn’t know I can see her