Armless Basketball Player Shows Us Why You Should Never Give Up.
For those of us with arms and legs and all of our senses, it’s hard to imagine life without any of them. But there are some people without arms who won’t let that hold them back, and here are 11 stories on some amazing armless people.
1. 13-year-old Jamarion Styles has no arms, but he doesn’t let that stop him at all when it comes to doing what he wants. And what he wants to do… is play basketball.
At Eagles Landing Middle School in Boca Raton, Florida, the teenager doesn’t even use prosthetic arms when playing, and he makes a lot of baskets.
Jamarion lost his arms as an infant from a rare bacterial infection.
2. Ibrahim Hamato is a table tennis player that can certainly hold his own against some of the best players he goes up against.
His not having any arms has never held him back. He holds the paddle in his teeth, and that works for him very well.
Ibrahim lost his arms in an accident when he was 10 years old.
3. Jiang has no arms, but, in a tiny poverty-stricken village in China, he teaches young children at a school.
The 41-year-old walks five miles to the school every day, and he uses his mouth to flip open books, and turn pages. Chalk is strapped to his arm stump so he can write on the chalkboard. And he has been doing this for more than 12 years.
Jiang lost his arms to an electric shock in 1996.
4. In Vietnam, Nguyet was born without arms, yet she can do housework in her parents’ home, take care of her niece and nephew, and do whatever else it takes to help her family out.
She uses her legs, feet and toes to deal with many things. It is believed she was born without arms because of Agent Orange used during the Vietnam war.
5. Young Anna Amend of Dayton, Ohio, was born without one of her arms and a stunted leg. But it’s awful hard to keep her out of the water.
Anna competes in swimming at the YMCA, and her parents, coaches and onlookers are amazed at her abilities in the pool.
Her goal is to make the Olympic team one day.
6. 45-year-old Vikram of India has always wanted to drive, but he lost his arms in an accident when he was 7, and never thought he would be able to operate a car.
However, after several years of practice, learning to fully operate a car with his feet, he took his driving test. And he passed with flying colors.
7. 30-year-old Jessica, of Tucson, Arizona, was born with no arms because of a rare birth defect. But she can do things a person with arms can do… and then some… actually a lot.
She is a black belt in Taekwondo, she can drive a car, she can play a piano and she can even fly a plane.
Jessica is also a motivational speaker, telling others about her incredible life.
8. 42-year-old Huang does some excellent paintings, with a paintbrush in his mouth and toes. He lost both of his arms in a terrible electric shock at the age of 4. But, at age 12, he began painting with his feet.
Says Huang: “When life closes one door to you, it must have opened another at the same time.”
9. 23-year-old Cherie of China lost both of her arms also in an electrical accident. It happened when she was 9. But since then, she has strived to excel.
She has swimming training three days a week and enjoys running in long-distance competitions. She also uses her toes to hold a paintbrush and paint, and she hopes to one day work in the art industry.
10. Jian is a sixth-grader in Fort Collins, Colorado. He was born in China, and he was born without arms.
The 12-year-old made his school’s football team, and is its kicker, and his kicking talent is drawing a lot of attention.
He also likes to ski, hike and ride a bike, just like every other 12-year-old.
11. George Dennehy was born without arms, but that never stopped him from his passion… playing the guitar. He uploaded a video of him playing the Goo Goo Dolls song Iris, and it got a lot of attention.
But soon after that, something really cool happened. Goo Goo Dolls drummer Mike Malinin invited George to play with the group on stage in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. And the crowd… went… wild…..
We are sure you enjoyed the above stories… watch for more: https://youtu.be/81rCrFbLe_4