Mother Praises Her Ex’s New Girlfriend On FB.
Co-parenting can be a very tough thing after a couple divorces, but it actually can be done without hard feelings. Here are 10 stories that show just how it’s done.
1. Most feel it’s not a great thing when your ex takes up with someone else and your kids have to see them a lot. But Brittney Johnson of Columbia, Missouri, has a very high opinion of her ex’s new love interest, Kayla Imhoff, and they have become the best of friends while both care for Brittney’s daughter, Payton.
Says Brittney in a post on Facebook: “Kayla has been a gift of so much more than I could have hoped for.”
2. After Rose Dutton’s divorce, it broke her heart to co-parent with her ex and she felt like she was letting her daughter down with her immense feelings of loss and loneliness. She tried spending time with her ex and her daughter, but that didn’t work.
One day, her daughter drew a picture of a rainbow with her family members and her dad with a sad face. When Rose asked why he was sad, her daughter told her that she knows he makes her mom feel sad.
After that, Rose tried harder to rebuild her relationship with her ex… for the sake of their daughter.
Says Rose: “She deserves that.”
3. Haley Booth of Oklahoma did something very unusual. She posted a picture of her walking her daughter Rachel into school… with her ex’s new girlfriend, Dakota.
Haley divorced her husband after 4 years of marriage. She wrote that peaceful co-parenting CAN be possible… because she does it everyday. She admitted it was hard at first, but “once you get there, it’s the best feeling in the world.”
Her Facebook post got more than 14,000 likes.
4. Sometimes, co-parenting takes teamwork. And that’s especially true with a young girl who is cheered on at her soccer games.
Both parents and step-parents wear jerseys with the little girl’s number 37 on them and the names, Mommy, Daddy, Step Mom and Step Dad.
Now, how awesome is that? That’s definitely a picture worth sharing.
5. A little girl’s dream was to visit Disney World in Orlando. But even more than that, she wanted to share it with the ones she loved the most… her mom and her dad, and her stepmom and stepdad.
Now that wasn’t going to be easy, since the couples had differences in the past. But they worked at it, and all their tensions with each other faded. And 7-year-old Maddie was treated to the dream vacation every child dreams of… especially when mom and her husband showed up at Disney to surprise her.
6. When a child is involved, a divorce can be devastating. That’s why one couple vowed that no matte where they are in life, they would have a family picture taken once a year. And the photo of a still-happy family is always put in their son’s room.
7. In San Antonio, Candace Curry wrote an open letter to Parish, the step-mother of her 14-year-old daughter.
She admitted that she’d hope her ex’s new love interest would be a mean, old hag that her daughter would hate, but, she said “my plans were foiled. You were supposed to be hideous,… but you were stunningly beautiful. You were supposed to be a mean old hag, …but you were a young, sweet woman. You’ve accepted my daughter from the very start and have unconditionally loved both her and her daddy. That’s a true gift to all of us.”
Parish responded by posting: All I can say is I am crying like at the end of The Notebook… you make me feel so special… Thank you for this letter. It made my day and I will keep it close to my heart always. Love you.”
8. When Emily married Josh, she also was taking on his 4-year-old son Gage. So during their wedding, Emily spoke some special vows to Gage as well.
She took the microphone and told him: I hope that with all my heart you will become a grown man and understand my methods and know that I have only done what is best for you and I love you. I may not have given you the gift of life, but life surely gave me the gift of you.”
Well, the boy cried, the minister cried, those attending cried. It was a very special moment. And Gage’s mom said she could not have picked someone better to be her son’s step-mother.
9. A divorced father posted that all co-parenting couples should show respect and care to their ex’s partners in front of their children.
Billy Flynn Gadbois, 36, said: “We decided early on that we were going to put the effort into co-parenting. We just think it’s really important to show each other respect and care in front of the kids.”
His post has been shared numerous times.
10. Despite Jessica, the mother of Pierson, not being married to Jon anymore, she certainly considers him worth more than gold.
In a Facebook post that received more than 248,000 likes, she wrote that if her son needs anything…anything at all… Jon gets it.
She wrote: “The amount of obstacles we’ve had to overcome to get to this point are tremendous. This was not easy, this was a choice. Stop giving excuses and come together for your children. I’m the most stubborn person that I know and forgiveness came easy for us for the sake of our son. And because of that, I see my son every single day. We always welcome each others’ presence.”
Jessica added that together, they still put their son first…
We are sure you enjoyed the above stories… watch for more: https://youtu.be/Z-U2Vu25zAo