Last night, Meghan Markle saw the Queen and Prince Charles for the first time since Megxit and the ‘royal racist’ incident, and social media fans were shocked. The Duchess of Sussex and her husband, Prince Harry, returned to Britain this week after acrimoniously leaving their positions as working royals.
The pair then left the royal family reeling when accusing an anonymous senior royal of racism in an Oprah interview. Meghan last saw the Queen during an uncomfortable Commonwealth Day service on March 8, 2020, yet she claims to have spoken to her on the phone and via video conversations since then. However, in the midst of so much controversy, royal watchers on Twitter were sceptical of the visit.
‘How has she gotten the courage to face them after what she’s said?’ commented one.
‘I think they would have been booed if it had been announced,’ said another.
Harry, 37, hasn’t seen his grandma since Prince Philip’s memorial service in April, when he travelled over from their new home in the United States. However, their communication would have been restricted to Covid regulations.
After losing his formal Metropolitan Police security, he has subsequently filed a High Court civil case against the Home Office, saying that it is too hazardous to bring his family to the UK.
The pair’s arrival is unknown, whether by private jet or commercial flight, however their presence is causing consternation among residents on the Windsor estate.
They landed undercover on Wednesday and are said to have spent the night at Frogmore Cottage, the house they have retained despite leaving the UK where Princess Eugenie and her family presently reside. They are not thought to be accompanied by their kids, Archie and Lilibet.
The pair has already gone to Europe to attend the prince’s Invictus Games, a Paralympic-style event he organised for injured service personnel, which begins on Saturday in The Hague.