Veteran Diagnosed With Stage 4 Cancer Gets His Dying Wish.

Sadly, over 30 percent of our war veterans don’t have a place to stay or food to eat. They served our beautiful gracious country, kept us safe and some even died abroad fighting for their country, and here are 8 veterans who were left shocked by these amazing gestures.

1. Air Force veteran Ron Villemaire, 69, was diagnosed with stage four colon cancer this year. His dying wish was to see “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” and with the petition of his daughter, a community made it happen.

His daughter Elizabeth used the help of social media to ask if someone knew of any foundation like make a wish who help adults. To her surprise, the community came together and escorted Villemaire to the theatre in Epping, New Hampshire.

Veteran gets dying wish to see 'The Last Jedi'

This Vietnam vet's dying wish was to see "Star Wars: The Last Jedi". His community came together to give him that and more

Posted by CNN on Wednesday, 20 December 2017

2. A group of Troy residents were able to raise more than $500 to get a homeless veteran off the streets and on a bus to New York — all within eight hours through a Facebook post.

Michelle Noyes saw what she thought was a large bag of trash on Wednesday as she and her family were driving in Troy, Illinois. Noyes thought it was odd, and realized it may be a sleeping bag. She told her husband to go through the Dunkin’ Donuts drive through and get a hot chocolate, and they turned back around.

Sure enough, the lump on the ground was a person — a Marine veteran named William Bozman — huddled in a sleeping bag to avoid the frigid, record-breaking cold.

“It made me feel awful, thinking about someone out in the cold like that,” Noyes said. “His face was so, so red from the cold… when he took his head out of the sleeping bag, I could see how cold and miserable he was.”

Troy residents brought him food, water, blankets, warm clothes and boots throughout the day, and were able to raise enough money to buy him a bus ticket to New York, where he had a friend he could stay with.

3. Most of us don’t look forward to going to the dentist, but this story could relieve some fears about your next visit.

When retired Staff Sergeant David Tyler Harmon and dentist, Dr. David Nguyen, met at their local gym, Harmon decided to book a cleaning. He had no idea it would turn into two weeks of dental work. He also didn’t know about the kindness in his new dentist’s heart.

The dental work came to a grand total of $15,000, and Harmon would need help from the Veterans Administration to pay for the procedures. Instead of waiting months for the paperwork to go through the VA, Dr. Nguyen wanted to help him immediately and cease his pain. So, he took care of the bill and went to work.

4. Students at a Catholic high school in Massachusetts came together to create a moving tribute for a homeless veteran who passed away.

The students knew him only as “John,” and he had no living family. They wanted to make sure his service to the country was honored as he was laid to rest.

“Paying homage to a veteran, to bring him to our campus, to provide the burial right he deserves, honor his legacy, and to help our boys realize that we have to stand with those that are marginalized, those that are poor, those that many in our community casts out,” said Peter Folan, president of Catholic Memorial.

Students said even though they didn’t know the man, they were grateful to honor the sacrifices he made just days after Veterans Day.

5. A North Carolina judge sentenced a Green Beret veteran to spend a night in jail. But when he remembered his own story and all he had gone through, he couldn’t just let him spend the night alone.

Judge Lou Olivera, a Gulf War veteran, is a district court judge over the Veterans Treatment Court in Cumberland County, North Carolina. He had to sentence Green Beret Joe Serna to one night in jail for a probation violation.

Serna, a recipient of three Purple Hearts, is retired from the military and was having a hard time adjusting back to life after experiencing the battle of war in Afghanistan. Through his struggles with post-traumatic stress disorder, he turned to alcohol to help him deal with the issues he was having mentally.

Olivera drove him to the jail and asked the jail administrator if he could spend the night with Serna. The administrator had never heard of such a thing. They spent the night talking about their families, lives, and the service.

6. An 81-year-old U.S. Army veteran was forced to call 911 after returning from months in the hospital to find his house devoid of food. His request?

Could the 911 operator please bring him some groceries, as his cancer treatments had left him too weak to move. “What I need is someone to get to the store and bring me some food because I have to eat something,” Fayetteville, North Carolina resident Clarence Blackmon told the 911 operator.

The woman on the other end of the line was 911 operator Marilyn Hinson, who said she was touched by the U.S. Army veteran’s desperate plight. With the help of Fayetteville police officers, Hinson delivered the food to Blackmon in person later that same day.

7. For years, an Iraq war veteran had been paying little by little to have his classic 1965 Mustang restored. He bought the car in 2005 after his first tour of duty in Iraq.

A Houston couple heard about the soldier’s quest and decided to surprise him, paying for the vehicle to be completed. A crowd gathered at the auto body shop for the big reveal, when Sgt. Kelly Foster thought he was just going to see the latest incremental changes.

Margaret and Timor Martin got together about 35 friends and everyone pitched in. “We wanted to kind of pay it forward for someone who has served this country.”

8. Dozens of family, friends and well-wishers turned out for a homecoming celebration Friday for World War II veteran Johnnie Hodges.

After living in his Humboldt Parkway home in Buffalo more than 60 years, the 90-year-old Hodges was evicted in July after a lender foreclosed. He said he fell behind on his bills while caring for his ailing wife, who has since passed away.

Hodges refused to leave his home and had to be carried out on a stretcher. After word spread, a GoFundMe campaign launched by a stranger raised $100,000 for Hodges to get his home back.

“I want to thank everybody that helped me and helped my family,” Hodges said. “Thank God for doing everything that He did for us. He is a great God. There is nobody like Him.” 

We are sure you enjoyed the above stories… watch for more:

If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”