Waitress Who Was Scolded By The Customer Got A Huge Surprise After His Death.
Being in the service industry, the staff rarely get appreciated in a big way, true they get tips, but nothing really beyond that to appreciate their service to us as customers, and here are 10 customers who surprised their waitresses bigtime.
1. Good deeds are always rewarded — sometimes in the most unexpected ways — and I think this story definitely proves it!
Melina Salazar of the Luby restaurant in Brownsville Texas patiently, professionally and pleasantly served a very difficult customer named Walter “Buck” Swords.
Walter, an 89 year old gentleman, was mostly grumpy and disgruntled every day for 7 years while he came the restaurant. And no one but Melina was glad to see him and always made Walter feel comfortable. But one day, everything changed. Walter didn’t show up at his usual time for his usual meal. It wasn’t long before Melina got the sad news – Walter had passed away.
The next day, a lawyer showed up at the restaurant looking for Melina. The lawyer informed her that his client had shared with him how for all those years he very much looked forward to his regular restaurant visits — and that was because of how warm and friendly his waitress was.
Walter was so fond of the kind waitress, he’d in fact left her part of his inheritance: USD $50,000 and a car. Melina couldn’t hold back the tears.
2. Kasey Simmons, 32 of Dallas Texas came across an elderly Mrs Sullivan at a local grocery store and insisted on paying for groceries and also complemented Mrs Sullivan by telling her how beautiful she was.
‘It was only $17, but it’s not about the money – it’s about showing someone you care,’ said Kasey.
The next day Mrs Sullivans daughter was at Applebee’s and spotted Kasey working there, her bill was just 37 cents, but she left a tip of 500 dollars and a note saying ‘On behalf of the Sullivan family, I want to thank you for being the person you are.’
On one of the most depressing days of the year, (the death of my father, three year anniversary) you made my mother’s day wonderful. She has been smiling since you did what you did.
3. Nicole Woods, a single mother-of-three worked as a waitress at Bob Evans, and with it being slow season, making ends meet was even tougher than usual. Hours were limited and shifts were being cut shorter, down to four days a week.
Sometimes she’ll just sit in her room, and I know something’s wrong with her because she won’t talk,” Woods’ daughter said.
On Father’s Day a generous family’s bill was just $50, but they left her a $500 tip along with a heartwarming note. The note said Nicole, Thank you for your service. Have a good week and know [Jesus] loves you.
Woods decided to spend four hundred dollars buying clothes for her kids. With the remaining one hundred dollars, she planned to go out to eat, and leave a generous tip for someone else.
4. Cayla Chandara from California had moved to Hawaii to attend college. However she couldn’t attend school and maintain the cost of living there as she was in debt.
Cayla splits her time between working at the Cheesecake Factory and the Noi Thai Cuisine restaurant to make ends meet. She was working a shift at Noi Thai Cuisine in Waikiki, Honolulu, when an Australian couple left her a $400 tip on top of their $200 bill. Cayla was so grateful that she tracked down the man and woman to thank them.
Next day the Australian couple returned to the Noi Thai Cuisine restaurant and offered to pay off Cayla’s student loans and debt which was more than $10000 Cayla decided to return to school to study liberal arts and business and to make them proud.
5. It was just an ordinary work day for Tennessee waitress Claire Hudson who served customers at Macs Grub Shack. But she was surprised to see that one of her customers had left her a not-so-ordinary tip.
For a total bill amount of 29.40, she had never received a tip for more than a few dollars. But this man left a 36 dollar tip and a note on the back of the bill saying ‘Today is my brother’s b-day. He would have been 36 today. Every year I go eat his favorite meal (hot dogs) and tip the waitress his age. Happy B-day Wes.’ Hudson was in tears when she read the note.
6. A Malaysian woman living in Singapore is also a single mother to her 3 kids after her husband walked out on her for a young Chinese girl. After doing multiple odd jobs in the day she works in a restaurant in Katong during the night to make ends meet. However tired she may be, she’ll always interact with her restaurant customers and is always in a cheerful mood.
But despite the 37 year olds hard work, she hit a bump in road as she didn’t have enough to pay her kids’ childcare fees. However, a customer’s recent act of kindness moved her to tears.
“Earlier this week, a couple who are regulars in the place that I work in, came in and ordered their usual soup and food, and one coke. When the couple found out about the woman’s financial troubles, they did something absolutely unexpected. For their total bill of 66 dollars, they left a tip of 2000 dollars and a note that read “We have two hands, one is to work hard and the other is to help others.”
7. Brian Maixner a single dad from Wichita, Kansas worked as a waiter at Doo-Dah Diner. Since childhood he struggled with dental issues, after chipping one of his front tooth which lead to a series of infections that he has never been able to get on top of.
One day Fred Boettcher, an attorney from Oklahoma, came to dine with his daughter at the Diner, where he saw Brian and felt something special about him. He carried himself with such kindness and confidence with a mouth that looked painful.
I was struck by that.’ Boettcher said.
He left a tip of $25000 with the manager to help Brian get a new set of teeth. Brian now has a complete new set of top front teeth which has made a huge difference in his life.
8. Ben Millar, a waiter in Texas who’s originally from Ireland had not been home in over two years due to money constrains. Jeffrey and his family who were dining in Ben’s restaurant had an instant connection with Ben when they realized he was from Ireland too. They shared how they frequently visited the beautiful country. Ben said I wish I could go back that often to see my family and my expecting wife.
After Jeffrey and his family left, Ben picked up the credit card slip from the table and found a huge tip of $750. It was accompanied with a handwritten note reading, “Hopefully, this can get you back to Ireland for the holidays.”
9. In times of need, sometimes one may wish for someone… anyone, to come and lend a helping hand. For a waitress in Las Vegas, she thought she was alone as she struggled to make ends meet, that is until a few kindhearted individuals decided to tip big, leaving her in tears.
Jessica Reboredo, a waitress at Chili’s Grill & Bar in Las Vegas, was struggling to care for her family after her husband, Robert, 24, was diagnosed with cancer, and had to stay at a hospital in Los Angeles. Despite the struggle, the mother of four kids continued to put on her friendly smile as she served customers at work.
Jessica’s second grade teacher and friend Kimberly contacted the surprise squad at Fox 5 and gave Jessica a surprise she would never forget. Members of the surprise squad showed up at the restaurant disguised as customers and left handsome tips like 300 dollars, 500 dollars, 1000 dollars and even 10,000 dollars and car. Sadly, Jessica lost Robert on Aug 08, 2016.
10. Elissa Walther, a waitress at a restaurant, has borne the brunt of the service industry motto “customer is king” many times. Recently, she was at the receiving end of some of the rudest groups of customers. These people were testy and constantly rude even though Elissa did everything possible to appease them. She was reaching her breaking point, when a miracle happened out of nowhere.
A fellow diner could see what was happening and how unfair these people were to her. He apologised on behalf of that group of people, left a generous 500% tip and a note which read: “Like your pens, people also come in all colors, nice, rude, and sometimes jerks. Don’t let them ruin your day. Now have dinner and a have a great shift. Signed, Your new friend.”
We are sure you enjoyed the above stories… watch for more: https://youtu.be/yEHsD0uV6N0